Boys, hurry and get your tickets NOW for the Margaret River Football Tournament weekend, Fri 23rd Feb – Sun 25th Feb 2018.
A great annual event, $190 gets you accommodation and dinner (for both nights) and entry to play!
Act NOW or miss out!
ON THE APP: Look under ‘Social Events’
VIA WEB: https://curtinfootball.teamapp.com/events/4148350
… need to login or create an account (and join Metros or Masters group) to access.
The Margaret River Football Tournament weekend ranks alongside the birth of your first born and a David Beckham cross as a life event not to be missed.
Taking place on the weekend of Fri 23rd Feb – Sun 25th Feb 2018, this year we are aiming to field two teams, combining Metros with our Masters/Vets. Great value and even greater fun, you’ll rapidly see why this has become football Christmas for anyone that’s been before – ask them for a few stories and you’ll be ‘in’.
- Tournament nomination and games (short format, 20 min halves)
- Two night’s accommodation at club sponsor, Margaret’s Beach Resort
- Dinner Friday and Saturday night with light breakfasts also included
Our itinerary looks like this:
– Arrive anytime from 2pm onwards (evening is fine if you can’t get away from work ‘til late), unpack and join us for a beer around the heated pool at Margaret’s Beach Resort (www.margaretsbeachresort.com.au)
– Rossco’s 2-course dinner from around 7pm and then again around 11pm (all included). Both courses are meat. Salad might be present but will be generally frowned upon.
– Game #1 normally around 9-10am. All games at Gloucester Park Football Oval, Margaret River. Do Football MR a solid and buy one of their Bacon & Egg Breakfast Rolls. A better heart starter you will not find and it supports them for putting on a great tournament.
– Game #2 around 12-1pm … then
– Pub lunch in town. Optional quick swim at the resort
– Game #3 KO around 3pm
– Back to MBR for shower/swim and rehydration
– Pre-dinner at the Gnarabar Beer Emporium (in MBR) from 5-7pm
– Pizza dinner (included) around 7pm
– Bus/Maxi Taxi to take anyone wanting to go into town and party with other Curtin teams. EPL match also on for those that want to stay in.
- Game #4 around 10am. Think ‘Zombie Apocalypse’ with orange shirts and a football.
- Check out of Marg’s Beach Resort
- Quarter final around midday so timing may change but otherwise …
- Lunch at the Colonial Brewery (www.colonialbrewingco.com.au) and then head home
Get in early to book a bed and a weekend pass with boss/wife/girlfriend … or all three.
PURCHASE YOUR TICKET NOW—- so we can secure accommodation early – with so many teams attending means high demand so it will book out. On checkout, you can also confirm your pizza preference, sleeping arrangements and playing preference for the weekend.
Margaret River WA