Curtin Football's Summer Program makes our beautiful game a year round activity. Stay fit, catch up with friends (and meet new ones) and and have fun in a welcoming football atmosphere.
Our biggest Summer Program ever, there's something for everyone and friends and new players are always welcome. Let's play!
MiniRoos 'Kickoff' uses short, game-based sessions to introduce football to newcomers in a fun and inclusive way. We create an environment that is fun, engaging, and inclusive and focuses on enjoyment rather than results as the more fun kids have, the more likely they are to continue playing.
- Designed for: Boys & Girls born 2011-2013
- Training only - no games: 'Summer Edition' - School Term 1&4 Program: Wednesdays from 5pm-6pm
- Venue: Raphael Park, Gloucester Street, Victoria Park WA 6100 (map here)
- Format: Simple 4-a-side short format games with fun skills sessions
Uniform/What to bring:
- Training: Sports clothing (no uniform), football/soccer boots (required), shin pads (required), drink bottle.
- Games: Football/soccer boots (required), shin pads (required), drink bottle and hat. Your volunteer Team Manager will distribute playing shirts to be returned at end of season. Once registered and paid, a voucher will be emailed to parents that covers the cost of club shorts and socks from our online ClubStore. See our Vouchers & Uniforms page for more information.
- 'Summer Edition' School Term 4: Wednesdays only from Wed 10th Oct - Wed 12th Dec
- 'Summer Edition' School Term 4 (Wednesdays only): $80
- NOTES: Due to the young age of MiniRoos players, parents are required to be present during sessions, or nominate a fellow parent that will be present. Additionally, your assistance in setting up/packing up (usually no more than 5 minutes) is required and greatly appreciated by our volunteers.
Curtin Football's Area5 League involves small-sided games (usually 5v5) and is played on FIFA synthetic courts outdoors. As well as being fun for players of all abilities, the format is ideal for developing skills required for smaller spaces.
- Designed for: Boys & Girls aged 8-11 years
- Times/Days: Times/days announced Wednesday 19th September.
- Venue: 'Area 5', 18 Kent Street, East Victoria Park WA 6100 (map here). Entrance through Vic Park Bowling club.
- Format: Simple 5-a-side short format games, run as a league with weekly fixtures and finals.
- Uniform/What to bring: Sports clothing (bibs will be provided), normal runners are fine (futsal shoes allowed), shin pads (required), drink bottle.
- Key Dates: TBA
- Cost: $100 includes all 10 weeks.
New for 2019! New girls-only football development:
- FORMAT: Fun, positive modified game formats and sessions
- AGES/ABILITY: Girls aged/turning 12-18 years, all ability levels
- DAYS/DATES: TBC - see link below for more information
- VENUE: TBC.
Futsal fun for everyone!
- FORMAT: Small sided games played on outdoor futsal multisport courts.
- AGES/ABILITY: TBC ears, all ability levels.
- DAYS/DATES: Day,time TBC,/Runs during school term.
- VENUE: Curtin Stadium, Curtin University, Kent Street Bentley (map here).