New players of any ability are welcome to join us.
For new players joining in term 3 we have launched a new product lets play Saturday.
Competitions & Games
Curtin Football Club is a community club affiliated with the university, we provide football (soccer) to residents of the local community. Players do not require any affiliation with Curtin University.
Although football in WA does not have formal geographical catchment areas we are close by for residents of Burswood, South Perth, Como, Manning, Salter Point, Karawara, Wilson, Bentley, East Vic Park, Victoria Park, Kewdale, Shelley, Riverton, Ferndale, Cannington, Beckenham and Willetton.
We participate in these FootballWest competitions:
Smarter than Smoking Junior Boys League 2017
Smarter than Smoking Junior Girls League 2017
One or more teams are entered in these age groups and divisions:
- U8 to U11 Mixed boys and girls*
- U12 to U15 Boys
- U15 and U17 Girls
- U16 & U18 Boys (YDS) - please see youth development squad page
* girls may "play down" by 2 years in these teams, i.e. an U13 girl can play in an U11 mixed team.
Age groups are based on player age at 1st January.
For example, in 2017, players born in 2004 = Under 13's, 2005 = Under 12's, 2006 = Under 11's, 2007 = Under 10's, 2008 = Under 9's, 2009 = Under 8's and born in 2010/2011/2012 = Under 5-7's.
We do not formally trial players, but player assessments will be made during pre-season open training/try-outs in February to ensure players are placed in an ability appropriate team. This sometimes depends on enrolment numbers.
FootballWest publish fixtures in April, about 2 weeks before the first game. They are available on our website and smartphone app.
Game Day: Sundays
Game Times: kick-off vary each round, earliest is 8:30 am, latest is midday.
Game Locations: Games are played as a home and away series in the South region (South Perth to Armadale).
First Game of the Season
The first junior league game of the season will be on Sunday 23 April 2017 (last Sunday of school holidays)
There may be a preliminary round cup game before the league season starts in some older age groups.
Once announced by FootballWest (normally 1-2 weeks before the first game), final date, start time and fixtures will be available here.
PRE-SEASON OPEN TRAINING/TRY-OUT SESSIONS
These sessions are held in February. See our events calendar for details.
Most teams train twice a week, commonly Tuesdays and Thursdays, at either:
- Raphael Park, Victoria Park
- Edinburgh Oval, Curtin University, Bentley
Training days and times are at the discretion of the team coach.
Most team training commences in the week of Monday 20 March 2017
Training days and times for each team are available here.
Uniform and Equipment
Players must wear the club uniform for all games.
Club uniform and other apparel - available from the club store
|Game shirt||orange with number - provided by the club (team coach/manager) before each game|
|Club shirt||optional - grey/orange - available from club store|
|Under shirt||optional - long sleeve under shirt only allowed in white or black|
|Club shorts||black with logo - purchase from club store using voucher|
|Club socks||orange - purchase from club store using voucher|
|Shin pads||required for player safety|
|Shoes||sports or soccer shoes|
The club doesn't specify a training uniform, players should wear appropriate clothing.
Training bibs are provided by the club
Shin pads MUST be worn for safety.
For information about Club Store and Vouchers please visit here.
Direct link to our online club store: curtinfootball.clubstore.co
Club Communications - Keep in touch!
To stay informed, all parents should:
- sign up an account to become a TeamApp member
- join our club on TeamApp (via smartphone app or website)
- subscribe to the applicable access groups, eg "Parents - xxx" and "Team - xxx" - may change each year
More info and step-by-step guidance available here.
How to help your child get the best football experience!
1. Be present at training and games when you can to lend support to your child, the coach and to help develop team spirit and identity
2. Help check the pitch before the start of the match to ensure that there are no dangerous, sharp or unsavoury items deposited there that could pose a risk to our children
3. Be part of the fruit/drink/shirt washing roster for your team
5. Participate in social events organised by the club (some after training burger nights are proposed for during the season)
6. Go online at footballwest.com.au and do the short online referee training course or read the MiniRoos guidelines on the website (all this from the comfort of your arm chair) so that you can learn more about the game our children play and love
7. Create a social/supportive environment within your team by "putting yourself out there" and introducing yourself to other parents. Learning the kid's names etc.
8. Learn how to set up the pitch (ask your coach/manager) and where our equipment is stored and help to set up fields for training and matches (many hands make like work)
9. Make yourself known to the coach/manager of your team if you have First Aid skills
10. Hop onto the Curtin University Football Club website regularly
11. Write a small profile or article regarding your team, sometime during the season, for distribution via our website. It could have a player/coach/parent profile and note some of the great stuff that happened in the match that week or aspects of skill or sportsmanship that the team is working on
12. We the committee, value your children in the club and need your support to make it all it can be.
Many of our coaches are qualified with advance or community licences, appropriate for the ages being coached. The club is funding training for coaches of all junior age groups to comply with NPL standards. We supports our coaches in their professional development by offering training at no cost to the coach.
Parents interested in coaching can find more info here.
Membership and Fees
Details about our membership levels, fees and payment options available here
Detailed registration instructions available here
If you have any questions about registration please contact our volunteer coordinators
U8-11's: firstname.lastname@example.org (Steve)
U12-16's: email@example.com (Anna)
U15 & U17 Girls: firstname.lastname@example.org (Jess & Sophie)