Our Youth Development Squad works to NPL standards, with our coaches completing or holding AFC C-License qualifications. As well as fielding teams in State League Under 18's, Junior Boys Under 18's and is for boys 16-18 (2001-2003) our coaches create opportunities for our youth players to move up into higher age teams when they are ready. Many of our coaches are also senior players, providing mentors to our youth players and beginning the transition to senior football. the second team playing in a low grade of junior 18 boys (not state league, on a Sunday with interchange). This grade is usually 16 and 17 year olds as significant drop off in the sport happens at this age and some 16 year olds are ready to push for state league under 18s
Additionally, this strategy allows our boys opportunities to play on days that work in with school commitments providing the 'best of both worlds'.
- Designed for: Boys born 2001-2003
- Games: Saturday & Sunday mornings 2 teams run (works in with school sport)
- Training: Tuesdays & Thursday from 7pm-8:45pm
- Training: Tuesdays @ Raphael park and Thursdays @ Edinburgh Oval, Kent Street, Curtin University Bentley WA 6102 (map here)
- Home Games: Edinburgh Oval (Your Team Manager will advise)
- Away Games: Opposition ground location will be communicated by your Team Manager volunteer.
- Format: Full pitch 11-a-side football.
Uniform/What to bring:
- Training: Sports clothing (no uniform), football/soccer boots (required), shin pads (required), drink bottle. Red/white training bib available on our ClubStore no cost if you are registered and have your Uniform Voucher (see below).
- Games: Football/soccer boots (required), shin pads (required), drink bottle. Playing shirts provided by your Team Manager and returned after each games. Once registered and paid, a Uniform Voucher will be emailed to parents that covers the cost of club shorts and socks from our online ClubStore. See our Vouchers & Uniforms page for more information.
- Cost: $375 (KidSport subsidy of up to $150 may beavailable - see below)
- NOTES: New players are welcome to come to a training session during the season. Coaches work to ensure players get playing time and Junior Boys Under 18's and our Junior Boys Under 16's are run with even playing time. State League 18's does not have interchange.
Financial assistance up to $150 is available for successful applicants of the government-run KidSport program. Once approved (can take from 1-2 weeks), you will need to email your 'KidSport Code' to email@example.com with your child's name and 'FFA Registration Number' to complete their registration.
If you have any further questions, after reading the above, please contact our volunteer coordinators
Chat (TeamApp): Registration & Voucher Enquiries Chat Room Note: to access you first need to join our TeamApp and select the access group: Parents - U16-18'S Boys Youth Development Squad
Development Squad Head Coach and State League U18 Coach: Eddie Snooks 0423 317 021
Development Squad Assistant Coaches - Skye Doyle and Santi Tor
Technical Director: Mike Chapman (AFC License) firstname.lastname@example.org