UPDATE: Training Starts Wed 6th Feb 2019.
Curtin's Masters (over 35's) and Vets (over 45's) teams are suitable for all players looking for a competitive but slightly more relaxed, social atmosphere. Games allow for a full interchange (unlimited substitutions) and we aim to give everyone an amount of game time in line with their fitness. Training is once a week and we encourage players of all fitness and ability levels to get involved.
This year Curtin Football is planning to enter teams in both over 35s and over 45s competitions
Age eligibility: To play Over 35's you need to be 35 turn 35 in the current calendar year (born 1984 or earlier). Over 45's you need to be turn 45 in the current calendar year born (974 or earlier)
New players are welcome to come to a training session and just join in. No need to call in advance (in fact due to our volunteers doing their day jobs we prefer you don't) - just turn up, introduce yourself and play. Training is always on: rain, hail or shine. Get to know your new teammates and stay for a drink and a meal after training.
TRAINING & GAMES
- Training Days: Every Wednesday
- Training Time: Please arrive by 6:15pm for set up and a chat. Training starts 6:30pm sharp! Finishing 8:30pm.
- Venue: Edinburgh Oval Curtin University, Kent Street, Bentley WA 6102
- Home games i.e. every 2nd Sunday:
- Away games: Depends on opposition, but usually Sunday afternoons
Registration is now open. You are not able to take the field for Curtin in an offical fixture including night series without completing your registration. Early registration is encouraged and makes for a more organised season as the club nominates team numbers based on registration numbers. We expect 2 or 3 over age teams in 2019.
- Training Start Date: Wednesday 6th Feb 2019. New players welcome anytime. No need to call/contact us - just turn up and introduce yourself! However if you are keen to get going already we are running an even more social program called jumpers for goal posts. in January
- Margaret River Football Tournament: Only visible if your in our Team App group. See 'Get Started' below to join our TeamApp and find out more.
- More will be added as they are booked.
Start of season:
- League and cup games traditionally start first week of April
Your registration does not include shorts, socks, match day shirt and your own training bib and these items need to be purchased separately . This ensures we look like a team, before and after the game. Details below: You can order your gear immediately from our online store allow 1-2 weeks for it to arrive.
Need to ask a question? Want to get info on training, games and team selection and find out about club events? Get the Curtin Football Team App. Instructions on New Players page - just make sure you select to join the 'Masters & Vets' accessgroup on the app. If you need help, just come to training and ask a fellow player etc. This page also has information about fees and registration.
Masters make Great Coaches
If you've read this far, you're probably also interested in the Coaching Vacancies we have. We would love our masters to help teach our more junior members the game