Welcome TO COACHING AT CURTIN
Curtin Football actively supports the development of our coaches. We boast one of the highest participation rates of senior players in junior coaching roles and believe this offers unique opportunities for players and coaches alike.
In partnership with our experienced, parent-based volunteer coaches and technical support staff, we offer pathways for those looking to develop their coaching. This provides our coaches with a supportive, development-based environment where their volunteer commitment to the community makes them ideal role models for our young players.
Interested in coaching at Curtin Football?
Please see our Coaching - Positions Vacant page.
If you are interested in coaching at CUFC, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Curtin Football works with Football West to provide opportunities for our coaches to develop their skills.
Upcoming Football West community courses can be found at
Curtin Football requires all our coaches to complete the following:
- Registration as a Coach (free) - go to https://www.playfootball.com.au When selecting/searching for your club, enter "Curtin University Football Club"
- Working with Children Clearance (WWCC) - link here. This will need to be signed by the Technical Director (E: email@example.com) or a committee member.
Registered coaches who are also registering to play are entitled to free fees, either for their child (if a parent) or as a senior player. To apply, you must complete the steps above and then:
- Register as a player - follow instructions here. The package you should select is 'Committee Approved Free Fees'
- Complete the form in the 'Volunteer/Helper Discount' section here.
Coach Uniform and Voucher
Coaches are required to wear Curtin Football uniform when representing the club. The minimum requirement is a club-branded T-shirt -or- Polo Shirt (see below):
You will be issued a voucher that will cover the cost of your shirt, as well as additional items which can be purchased at your discretion. The process works as follows:
- Register as a Coach (link above)
- Your registration and WWCC needs to be approved and may take time (weeks)
- You will then be emailed a voucher from the Curtin Football 'Club Store'.
I've waited 2 weeks and my coaches voucher hasn't arrived!
The email may have been blocked - check the Coaches Vouchers Sent list (different from player list). Note: Coaches vouchers are in the format: COACH-xxxxxxxx where "xxxxxxxx" is your 8-digit FFA Number.
If your FFA number IS on the list:
If your FFA number IS NOT on the list:
- Your registration may have been delayed. Please make sure you have completed all steps (above) for registration) Check in another 1 week and if still not there, post a query in the appropriate junior/senior coaches chat room.
My voucher from last year doesn't work?
All vouchers are only valid in the same year they are issued.
Curtin Football is aligned with the Football Federation Australia (FFA) National Curriculum. The curriculum provides an educational framework for our coaches to deliver quality football education to players within a positive and enjoyable football atmosphere. Click here for coaching education resources more information.
In addition to the curriculum, Curtin Football provides a range of ongoing coach education opportunities and support services for our coaches, including:
- Football West and FFA 'Grassroots' Community coaching courses
- AFC 'C' License and above to suitable candidates
- Regular meetings between coaches and coaching staff
Pitch Maps for Training and Match Day
- TBC - Tuesday Training Pitch Map - Raphael Park
- TBC - Wednesday Training Pitch Map - Raphael Park
- TBC - Thursday Training Pitch Map - Raphael Park
- Match Day Pitch Map - Raphael Park
Additional Resources for Coaches
- Seniors and Juniors Coaches Chat Rooms - ask a question, seek advice
- Need additional players to help out this week?
- *ALL* Curtin Teams Fixtures - available under 'Fixtures/Results' (app button or menu on web browser)
- Official Football West Competition Rules
- Football West Resources - Match cards and other forms
- The Coaching Manual - Excellent age-focused skills and drills ideas
- Curtin Football - Team Sheet (7-a-Side)
- Curtin Football - Team Sheet (9-a-Side)
- Curtin Football - Team Sheet (11-a-Side)
- MiniRoos Activity Guide
- MiniRoos skills videos
- Please also see the 'Coach Resources' on the FFA website
Mike Chapman (Technical Director)