Welcome TO COACHING AT CURTIN
Curtin Football actively supports the development of our coaches. We boast one of the highest participation rates of senior players in junior coaching roles and believe this offers unique opportunities for players and coaches alike.
In partnership with our experienced, parent-based volunteer coaches and technical support staff, we offer pathways for those looking to develop their coaching. This provides our coaches with a supportive, development-based environment where their volunteer commitment to the community makes them ideal role models for our young players.
Interested in coaching at Curtin Football?
Please see our Coaching - Positions Vacant page.
All coaching enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Curtin Football works with Football West to provide opportunities for our coaches to develop their skills.
Upcoming Football West community courses can be found at
Curtin Football requires all our coaches to complete the following:
- Registration as a Coach (free) - go to https://www.playfootball.com.au
- Working with Children Clearance (WWCC) - link here. This will need to be signed by the Technical Director (E: email@example.com) or a committee member.
Registered coaches who are also registering to play are entitled to free fees, either for their child (if a parent) or as a senior player. To apply, you must:
- First, complete the steps above to Register as a Coach
- Once you have completed your registration, our Club Registrar will send you a Voucher Code for your free fees.
- Then register as a player via our Registration page. At the end of the registration process, you will be asked for your Voucher Code to receive your discount.
Coach Uniform and Voucher
Coaches are required to wear Curtin Football uniform when representing the club. The minimum requirement is a club-branded T-shirt -or- Polo Shirt (see below):
Curtin Football is aligned with the Football Federation Australia (FFA) National Curriculum. The curriculum provides an educational framework for our coaches to deliver quality football development to players within a positive and enjoyable football atmosphere. Visit the FFA coaching resource website at ffacoachingresource.com.au
In addition to the curriculum, Curtin Football provides a range of ongoing coach education opportunities and support services for our coaches, including:
- Football West and FFA 'Grassroots' Community coaching courses
- AFC 'C' License and above to suitable candidates
- Regular meetings between coaches and coaching staff
ONLINE Resources for Coaches
- Seniors and Juniors Coaches Chat Rooms - ask a question, seek advice
- The Coaching Manual
- Need additional players to help out this week?
- *ALL* Curtin Teams Fixtures - available under 'Fixtures/Results' (app button or menu on web browser)
- Curtin Football - Team Sheet (7v7)
- Curtin Football - Team Sheet (9v9)
- Curtin Football - Team Sheet (11v11)
- Football West Official Competition Rules and Miniroos u5-12 parent-friendly version (pdf)
- MiniRoos (u5-12) Activity Guide (pdf) - printable manual for Junior/Miniroo coaches
- MiniRoos (u5-12) skills videos
- FFA Coaching Resource website - including session plans
- Football West coaching homepage - Match cards and other forms
- PlayFootbALL coaching homepage - registration, information, courses, session guidelines
- The Coaching Manual website - Excellent age-focused skills and drills ideas
- Raphael Park - Tuesday Training
- Raphael Park - Wednesday Training
- Raphael Park - Thursday training
- Raphael Park - Sunday Match Day
Visit our Equipment page for more information
Mike Chapman (Technical Director)